I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Friday, January 18, 2013

The ABCs Of Life...B Is For Brown

I was all set on doing another "heavy," thought-provoking blog about my life, but life is heavy enough sometimes.  This has been a tough week for me, so I'm lightening it up a bit...with a bit of color.  Now, purple is by far my favorite color of all time, but as I grow into myself, I find myself drawn to browns, all shades of brown. I find it relaxing and comforting and it brings me a sense of peace.  So, on that note, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite brown goodies from my Etsy favorites...

Queen Size Quilt with 2 Shams by southerncharmquilts

Beautiful silk scarf by klaradar

Mineral Eye Shadow 'Chocolate Diamonds' by MyBeautyAddiction

Brown and Gold Rhinestone Hoop Earings by StrictlyCute

Pine Cone and Cinnamon Wreath with birch bark stars and spices by NHWoodscreations

Brown Earthtone Broken Pottery Beaded Bracelet by Mysticglassduo

Home Decor Cream and Brown Beaded Tassel Fan Pull by lizbethsgarden

If you are feeling rather generous of late, I'd really love to have each and every one of these fabulous items...hint, hint :)

8 comments:

JudysDesigns said...

Great taste. I love blues instead of purple and I now decorate with and wear browns too. I guess it is the natural earthy tones that are appealing to me. Great post! I always enjoy reading them.

Michelle said...

Great choices! They are all very grounded and soothing. Great post!

Memories for Life said...

I love browns mixed with other pretty colors. They are a nice neutral that go with everything.
I love that quilt!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful selections! Thanks for including my beaded fan pull tassel.

Steph said...

Love these picks!! Even though I am mostly a color girl I am a huge fan of brown:0)

Unknown said...

I love earthtones, especially woody browns, but then add a splash of orange....that's me.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

baymoondesign said...

I love you selections. I am also from Delaware and a member of deteam. My blog is located at http://bay-moon-design.blogspot.com

I would love to have some of my fellow members visit and perhaps follow my blog. I sometimes blog about Delaware events and places.

SewSweetVIntage said...

Been loving browns recently too:) Working on some up-cycle sweater pillows in browns. I'll share when done.