I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Mojo...The Great And Powerful Iz

Oh, no.  That's not a typo there.  This is not about Oz, but it's close.  This is Iz, actually Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole, the songbird from Hawaii.  His rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is one of my all-time favorite mood enhancing songs. It brings me hope, it calms me, it lift my spirit, it's just so beautiful. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and I hope you have a marvelous Monday.

3 comments:

colleen said...

This is my very favorite version of Over the Rainbow. He had a great way with a song. Thanks for posting it.

SarahBeth said...

What a beautiful voice! I listened to some of his other songs -- wonderful!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I love this version, too. We honeymooned in Hawaii and heard this everywhere. :-)