I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Making The Most of My Drive Time

Not long ago while driving with my husband I found myself listening to a cd that he had gotten with his subscription to Success Magazine.  We would listen to that cd over and over.  Then my husband decided to see what audiobooks were available from the library.  He's a big history buff, so that's what he gets now.  As for me, I am currently drawn to the ones that help you get out of debt.  So far I've listened to...
 

and 
Both books by David Bach, as well as some very helpful information, can be found at finishrich.com.
Now, totally hooked on audiobooks, I just started listening to...

This book, and more words of her wisdom, can be found at www.suzeorman.com.
But, you don't have to listen to books on personal finance.  Have you ever wanted to learn a new language, or maybe read a new novel, but just didn't have the time?  There are so many audiobooks out there available either for purchase or for free from your local library.

According to United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration, the average annual miles per driver per year ranges from 7,624 for 16-19 year olds to 15,291 for 35-54 year olds.  That's a lot of time spent behind the wheel.  Sure, you could listen to music, which might brighten your mood and entertain you...or you could listen to an audiobook and open up a world of possibilities.

Do you listen to audiobooks or motivational cd during your drive time?  And if so, what would you recommend?

No comments: