I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Mojo...A Cup of Pure Pleasure

It's Monday...again.  Many of you are not overjoyed by that fact, but I know there must be someone else, besides myself, who sees it in a different light.  For me Monday is like New Year's Eve, but on a smaller scale; a fresh start.  So, I have decided that Mondays will be the day I bring you some of my Monday Mojo.  Sometimes I will write about things that inspire me.  Sometimes I will write about people or things that motivate me.  Sometimes I will share something I have learned.

Back in the day, when I was a teacher, I would share one of my favorite saying with "my" kids...

Whatever happened before is over and gone.  New day.  New choices.  New chances to do things better.

OK, but what about those of you who just hate Mondays?  Well, if you're anything like me, the day (any day) doesn't really start without a nice, big steaming cup of coffee. (I'm on my second cup, actually.)  So in honor of my favorite beverage, I offer a few of my favorite coffee-related items I love from Etsy sellers.  I don't know about you, but coffee always motivates me...and a great cup of coffee is a great way to start the day, no?


Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.  But it's not just about the beverage.  Oh, no. It's all things that remind me of coffee, like this fabulous bracelet I recently came across...


Ok now...this is pure luxury.  Don't you agree?


Now, I'll admit it...I love really hot coffee, but I don't like to burn my hands on the cup.  But with this coffee mug cozy, I can protect my hands while I'm proudly letting everyone know that I'm a huge Dr. Who fan!


And for those of us who simply must have a cup of coffee everywhere we go, may I suggest a mini cup of coffee?


Oh, the smell, the taste, the joy that coffee brings.  So, drink up friends.  It's going to be a great day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely love that bracelet and I totally agree with your sentiments about Mondays - a great day to start over.

Anonymous said...

That teeny cup of coffee is amazing! Love this post -- so inspirational for a gray Monday morning!

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you liked it.

SewSweetVIntage said...

Hi Lisa,
Found your blog through Deletsy. I'm a new follower for ya. Follow me back at www.sewsweetvintage.com Looking forward to your Monday mojo:) My husband and I are Dr Who fans too!