I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Mojo...Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

A friend asked me recently about the songs I choose for Monday Mojo.  Sometimes a song will pop into my head, sometimes I will remember a song from way back that made me feel happy, and sometimes a situation will bring a specific song to mind.  This is the case with today's Monday Mojo.

Not many of you know this, but my mother is 94 and sometimes she is not too happy with that fact.  She has been blessed with relatively good health, but her body is letting her know that she is officially old and she doesn't like it. Some folks go with the flow and accept the aging process and some folks go kicking and screaming.  I love my mother. She has been my rock, but now my rock is crumbling. If it weren't for my faith or the strength and grace of my best friend, Melanie, I wouldn't be mentally prepared for all of this.

Last night, after another not so great day, my husband looks to me and says, "Look on the bright side." And, of course, Monty Python popped into my head, and brought a smile to my gloomy day. So, enjoy you Monday, and Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.


No comments: