I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Friday, February 15, 2013

The ABCs Of Life...E Is For Etsy

I'll shout it from the rooftops...I Love Etsy! It  inspires me, it motivates me, it gave me new friends and a hope for a better life.  I have a place to express me creativity, to be my own boss, to grow and learn as a small business owner and a seamstress.

Etsy is like a big shopping mall where I have my own little storefront. I'd like to think I'm right next to a gormet chocolate shop, like andiespecialtysweets where I can buy something like this:


and then go visit another one of my favorite shops, jojolarue, for some adorable notecards, like these:


But Etsy is not just about shopping, though it is one of my favorite pasttimes.  No, Etsy is a thriving community of artists, antiques collectors, woodworkers, geeks, gardeners, bakers, jewelers, and all of them are business people.

And one of the best ways to find like-minded folks within the Etsy community is through the teams.  I have joined some really great teams. I get something different from each one of them. My first, and favorite team, is The Etsy DListers aka the dteam.  I have found a place where I can chat about life, find and give support, and learn how to be a better Etsy seller.  The dteam is geared towards newbies, but they don't kick you out once you know what you're doing.

My other favorite team, which I recently joined after moving to Delaware, is the Delaware Etsy Street Team or DelEtsy. This is my home team, the place where I can make friends who I can actually meet face to face, my real time community.  I jumped in with such enthusiasm that I was quickly appointed a leadership role and just a few days ago promoted to captain.  Oh, we have so many fantastic ideas for our team. I am so excited to be a part of something where I feel like I can make a real difference.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't even give a little ole shoutout to my own  shop, TheGoodOleDays.  After three years of flooundering about trying to understand how this all works, I think I now have a good idea of what I need to do, or at least I'm headed in the right direction.  This is not a hobby for me. This is my dream. I love what I make and I hope it shows in the quality of my work.

Here's a sample of a few of my new items recently added to my shop.






Stop by. Say hi. Browse around a bit. I'm always adding new items to my shop. And don't forget to tell your friends and family to go shopping on Etsy the next time they're looking for a gift or a little treat for themselves.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Just had a look at your etsy shop, such pretty things I'll have to have a proper nose round in a while.
New follower, looking forward to reading more!!
Jen :)

http://jenscrochetandcrafts.blogspot.ie/

Steph said...

I LOVE Etsy too!!! The incredible items to be found are a huge draw but I have to say, like you, the wonderful people I have met through Etsy amazes me and that is one of my fave parts of the Etsy experience!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment, for checking out my shop, and for liking me enough to want to follow me. Following you, too :)

Unknown said...

I would be so lonely if it weren't for our team. Thank you for commenting.

JudysDesigns said...

Love fest...joining in. I also love finding incredible talent and items to make shopping fun but the support of like minded people has been the icing on the cake. I love your blog. If you get tired of creating for etsy, you could blog full time.

Unknown said...

Judys, you're a doll! I actually really do enjoy blogging and I'd love to do it full time, except I'd miss my Etsy time. If only I could clone myself...

Eatlovemerry said...

So lovely.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much.