I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Foggy Mornings

Now that we live in Lower Slower Delaware we get the occasional early morning phone call to let us know that school will have a one or two hour delay on account of fog. That was the case this morning, which made the boys very happy. So, with fog on my mind, here's a few things that came to mind that I thought I'd share...

This photo, taken by Kyle Crawford, shows pretty much what I see on a daily basis down here.
What's a foggy day without a good trenchcoat, eh Doctor?

This is what my beach looks like on a foggy morning

The new Inlet Bridge in the fog as captured by Michael Orhelein of Bethany Fine Arts
 
A little Cat Wisdom 101

The fog comes in
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

Carl Sandburg

2 comments:

Eyelah said...

great pictures. I really like the doctor and I must say that one is my favorite versionof the doctor. Today was nice here in Charlottesville. Sunny and warm. It's been cloudy, cold, and rainy for a few days so it was nice to get a break.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I must admit I am a bit of a Whovian, myself. Glad you liked it.