I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's All In A State Of Mind


When you look in the mirror, do you see a winner, someone who's ready to go out and take the world by storm? Do you know what you want out of life and do you know what you need to do to get it? Are you hopeful about your future? Are you like The Little Engine Who Could?


You, my friend, are the deciding factor in your level of success or your degree of failure. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy. There are countless stories of folks who have so much going on around them that it's hard to believe they made it out alive, let alone successful. Their own sense of determination is what drove them to success.


Again, I mention the book, "Think and Grow Rich," by Napolean Hill, because I just keep coming across such great and inspiring content.  The poem below is actually what prompted this blog post.  There are a few different versions of this poem attributed to the author, but the gist is the same in all of them. It's worth remembering, especially on the days when you're not so sure of yourself.  I think I  will post a copy of this on my mirror.
The Man Who Thinks He Can...Walter Wintle

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't,
If you'd like to win, but think you can't,
It's almost a "cinch" you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world you find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

Full many a race is lost
Ere ever a step is run;
And many a coward fails
Ere ever his work's begun.
Think big and your deeds will grow,
Think small and you'll fall behind,
Think that you can and you will;
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins,
Is the fellow who thinks he can.

So, I guess the only question you need to ask yourself is how bad do you want it, whatever that "it" may represent for you. You want it...get out there and go get it!

2 comments:

2justByou said...

Excellent post! I really like that poem. Love it!
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you, Kim.