I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

See It, Be It



Jon Acuff really has us working hard on this, but I'm thankful for the kick in the butt. Really, have you ever tried to kick yourself in the butt? Not easy and definitely not the same motivation.

So here's the next two days in the challenge:

Day 8...Vision Time. I decided to create an inspiration board using magazine pics and words, plus some pics I got off the net, that will keep me motivated to not give up on my goal. Yeah, I could have done a virtual board, but I'm old fashioned. I like the whole process of hunting for just the right picture or words and moving them all around the board just so.



Day 9...Take your goal and cut it in half.  Well, since my goal was to find a full-time job or get my Etsy shop moving in the right direction (not quite sure how to cut that one in half), this is my new goal:
~To find a part-time job and as far as my Etsy shop goes I had planned to get two new product lines going, so I'll focus on just one for now.  One involves making wearables from recycled/upcycled clothing and the other involves making new items from large pet food bags. I'm going to work on the clothing line for three main reasons; 1)I'm being over-run by sweaters and my husband will kill me if I buy anymore, 2)I don't have anything from my shop that I can wear, which is a great way to get the word out about what I can do, and 3)I've let my fear of the serger hold me back long enough.

I'm a sucker for finding songs that fit my mood. I just couldn't let this one pass. If you have issues with the Rocky Horror Picture Show or seeing men in women's lingerie then you probably don't want to watch this one ;)

"Don't Dream It, Be It"

No comments: