I am Lovin'TheGoodOleDays!


Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here. You'll find information about my shop; favorite recipes; features of other crafters and artisans; tidbits of beach living; and the ups and downs of life.

Yes, there were some things about the past that were definitely great, but everyone's list is slightly different. This blog is my contribution to the things that make life great, and not so great. Like all things, this blog will grow and change as I do. Come grow with me.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December Business Challenge Update

How easy it is to get side-tracked from work when my office is the dining room table; school, family (including the fur babies), errands, and now the holidays all are vying for attention and time.  So, how am I doing with the business challenge?  Actually, I'd like to think I'm doing pretty well.  I've done some online reading on SEO, marketing, pricing, and time-management; I've looked for possible venues where I could consign my wares; and I'm developing a business plan so that I can move ahead with clearly defined goals and a plan of how to get there.  Of course I'm still making and selling items and passing out business cards along the way...and always promoting and sharing.

Eureka Internet Guides on Etsy


So here are some helpful and informative tidbits I came across in my online travels that I thought I'd share with you.

First up...Stitchlabs  For a very reasonable fee ($12 a month for a sole proprietor) Stitchlabs gives you a place to keep track of all your inventory, sales, invoices and separates sales from Etsy, trunk shows, and consignments.  Very nice.

Second...Business Exchange Business Week's Business Exchange has a category for social media marketing filled with great information and advice.

Third...Designing an MBA Love this blog. Filled with so much for Etsy sellers; videos, tutorials, links, ebooks, workshops, personal consulting, AND when you subscribe to this blog you get a FREE ebook, "The Best of Crafting an MBA."

And. last on the list today...10 Real Tips For Successfully Selling On Etsy from one of my favorite blogs, Handmadeology.  This blog post is chock full of awesome links and advice for turning a love for crafting into a successful Etsy business venture. Definitely one to be bookmarked.

I hope you find these links as helpful to you as I did.  Please let me know hwat you think of this blog and the links I found. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Ali Puckett said...

Ooh! Thanks for the info. I had never heard of the Designing an MBA blog. I really like watching video tutorials, so that is very helpful for me. Great blog! Best wishes. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Ali. Glad I was able to share that with you.